Saturday, May 10, 2008

Holy cow I have a four year old.

Time is flying by with these kiddos. Landon is a little boy now, and not a toddler. My little preemie that came into this world weighing a mere 3 pounds is riding a bike and reading. I love looking back at all of his pictures and reflecting on what we were doing as a family, milestones he was hitting, milestones he wasn't hitting:), outfits he was wearing....and the list goes on and on. Watching him grow up right before my very eyes is bittersweet. I am so proud of his accomplishments, but at the same time it is hard for me to watch him loose a tiny piece of his innocence every day. He wants to know about more about heaven, death, jobs, places in the world, how babies get out of bellies:), how time works....concepts that make him understand more, but make him less innocent at the same time. And just so you know, we only tell him what he needs to know at this point on those subjects.


But at the same time I am eager to see what the future holds for my cheery, witty, blue-eyed little perfectionist. I know that he has many of the same personality characteristics that I had as a child and so I am hoping that that will help me as a parent know how to better meet his needs. On a side note, Kevin had a great idea...he thinks I should keep a running list of Landon's most famous quotes under my links on the right-had side of our blog. So be watching for that, I am definitely going to do that. Nobody should missing out on what Landon has to say:)


Well, on to the party! Landon's birthday cake turned out pretty cute despite my lack of time and desire to do it:) He wanted Little Einsteins this year instead of Thomas which is kind of earth shaddering. He actually got to have two parties, one small one while we were in Orlando and then another one when we got home. These are pictures from the second one. As you can tell he got a bike from us. He loves it and is getting more and more confident on it.


4 comments:

April Jackson said...

I can't believe that Landon is four either. He is a sweet boy who has stolen our hearts for sure!
Love, chrisandapril, chris and avery kate:)

Jennifer Crow said...

That's is so cute watching him on his new bike!! He looks so happy! You did a great job on the cake...I could never do that...very impressive. I hope you all are doing well.

Unknown said...

I can't believe he's 4! What an amazing kiddo you have. I'll be waiting for the Landon quote section. The one of facebook is pretty amazing!

Varner said...

Wow! I can't believe he is four. Cute cake. Allie's favorite show is Little Einsteins too!