Monday, June 30, 2008

Colorful Colorado

Crisp clean air, wild flowers, no need for air conditioning, the soothing sound of the river, a deck over-looking amazing mountain views.....yeah that about sums up our trip to the cabin. It was wonderful. My parents cabin is breath-taking and pictures don't do it justice at all. My mother grew up in the Chrystal River Valley and we have made numerous trips up to my grandparents and great-grandparents' homes over the years. We lived up there for a few years when I was in grade school and my parents have longed for a cabin in that valley since we moved to Texas. Well, their hard work and patience has paid off. They designed the cabin inside and out and our good friend who is a custom home builder here in Texas traveled with his crew up to the mountains all last fall and winter to make their dream cabin a reality.

My parents are still at the cabin working on finishing touches. Since these pictures were taken my dad has put in rock steps up to the front door and my mom has stained the insides of the windows and removed the protective films from the windows that you can see in the picture of Lyndi and I on the deck. It was so hard to come home, but we look forward to our next visit!








9 comments:

Tiffany said...

I have to say I'm jealous that you got to go! I can't wait to make it up there! It looks amazing. A break from the heat would sure be nice! And what a fish Landon caught!

Andy, Kelli, Kaycee, and Haylee said...

Doesn't it just make you want to forget Texas and move to Colorado? If Kevin and Andy aren't up for it, you and I (and the kiddos) can go. I'm sure they'd miss us and join eventually. Windsor/Ft.Collins/Loveland is not nearly as beautiful as where you are, but it's sure a lot prettier than Texas. I'm voting we all move. :) Miss you.

Varner said...

Wow! Jarod would be jealous of all of those pictures. Your parents place is just beautiful. It looks like y'all had so much fun. I loved the picture of the trout that Landon caught.

Jessica said...

WOW, gorgeous! I'd love to LIVE in that cabin! Beautiful!

shelly dahl said...

Love the pic of the boys with their jeans and no shirts on. Should have been taken in Arkansas though, not Colorado.

Lindy said...

It turned out so beautiful! How exciting to have a place to "retreat to!" Landon and Liam are so adorable! love you guys

Sarah P said...

I'm ready!

Unknown said...

How much fun! It looks like yall had an awesome time and the cabin is just beautiful. That's so fun to have a "get-away place".
Thank you for your prayers. We still need to get together for lunch. I'll call you when things settle down a bit!

Keri Thorkildsen said...

Hey! We wer just in CO too. It looks like you guys had a great time. A cabin out there is living the dream. I also here that you are expecting again-me too! How far are you? Shoot me an email, I'd love to catch up. I laughed so hard i had tears in my eyes while i was reading Landon's quotes. Those are great. Did you hear about Jeff & Jane's friend? It's jsut awful-keep them in your prayers.