Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happily Surviving

I'm not sure what day it is....but I do know it is still January! The girls and the boys are doing well. Liam surprisingly is not jealous of the girls at all yet. He and Landon are so entertained by each other and their Christmas toys, that they have yet to realize how different our family is!!! Kallie and Klaire are super, they are gaining weight fast. They average about an ounce a day, they are both over five pounds. Klaire is still on iron for her anemia but that is the only 'medicine' we have to give. We got the okay from both the neonatologist and our pediatrician to let them sleep a little longer in between feedings at night. So they go anywhere from 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours between feeds at night and 3 hours during the day. The whole process of changing them, preparing bottles, feeding them, burbing them, and then me pumping takes an hour at best usually... it feels like I go from bottle to pump all day!!! I'm still hopeful that they will nurse some but so far they are loving their bottles and get pretty mad at me for attempting to nurse, so we will see. Landon did the same thing, so I'm not surprised or upset by it. Kevin gets up with every feeding at night and we each take a girl, he usually finishes first....he's got great burbing skills!

On a side note, we sold our house! We put it on the market 6 days after the girls where born and it sold in 12 days. It was such a blessing and a curse! We signed the papers the day before we brought the girls home, so we never had to show it after they came home (that is the blessing). But now we are in a pinch to find the perfect house for our family and have yet to find it and we have to be out of here in 15 days.......ahhh!! We just didn't expect it to sell that fast, our heads are spinning. So in between feedings we go look at houses with our realtor and thanks to my mom we have been able to juggle everything so far! Pray that we find the right house in the right place soon, we don't want to find temporary housing but that is what we will be doing if we don't find something very soon.

Life is a little overwhelming when I think about everything we have on our plate currently. However, when I just focus on what we are doing today I can manage. God has surprised Kevin and I many times the last 6 years, so we continue to look to him for guidance and wisdom. Sorry I don't have any pictures with this post! I know that's what ya'll want right now...I will try to get some up here in the next few days!

3 comments:

Lane said...

YAY!!! Congrats on selling the house! That's awesome for today's market especially! You will be in our prayers to find the perfect house quickly.

The Gamble Triplets said...

God bless you guys! We know, all too well, the craziness of having multiple new borns at home at the same time. You guys are doing so great and we are praying that you find your perfect home soon.

Aisling & Steve Gamble
Calgary

Julie said...

What a blessing. You are so fortunate to sell your house so quickly. You will find a house that is perfect for you and your sweet family. I wish I could hold those girls..they are giving me baby fever. You are doing such a great job Laura! God is watching over you and helping you along the way!