Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Our Colorado Adventure Begins Tomorrow

Our 16 hour (for adults who don't stop much, it will likely be 22 hours at least for us!!) journey to the cabin begins tomorrow. Many would call a trip to the mountains a vacation, but we aren't ready to label this trip as such! And don't worry we aren't driving straight through, we might be brave, but we aren't stupid:) The girls might cry half the way up there and Landon and Liam might ask 'when will we be there?' 76 times and Kevin and I might just curl up in ball and shake back and forth when we get to stopping points.....but we can't miss out on an opportunity to go to the mountains!!!! I am actually very excited, not so much about the car rides, but for the parts in between. Fishing, hiking, four-wheelers, seeing family, hearing the river......yes it's going to be fun.

So I will take many pictures and might even post before we get home......?!?!? Say a prayer for us to have safe AND pleasant travel!

5 comments:

Katey said...

Have so much fun! I haven't been up there in years and miss it SO MUCH! Throw some rocks in the river, catch a rainbow, and hike some for me. And tell your grandparents hi!

Lindy said...

oh wow! hope you guys have a great trip, and I look forward to seeing your pics! :0)

barrett family said...

hope yall are having a great time! cant wait to see pictures and hear stories:)

Melissa Jackson said...

Wow...You guys are troopers! That sounds like a long drive to me without even thinking about having kids in tow. I hope you guys had a safe trip and that you are having a wonderful time. Be careful coming home!

Abbie said...

Hey- were you at Northwest on Sunday? I think I picked the wrong week to be out of town. Sorry if we missed you- it would have been great to see you and the kids. So, I copied your idea of putting Landon's quotes on the side of your blog. I hope you don't mind! Have a great mountain trip!!! :)