Monday, August 24, 2009

Sniff. Sniff.

I know posting two days in a row...don't get used to it:)

Kevin and I dropped Landon off bright and early this morning. We left the rest of the crew behind with a friend so that we could just focus on him. He jumped out of the car, threw on his backpack like a pro, marched straight up to the school (said hi to the cross-walk guard of course), and followed us through the maze of parents and students all the way back to his room. He felt comfortable in his room and when I asked him to stand next to his teacher for a picture he hugged her instead....that is when I had to hold back the tears the worst. He is so sweet. They asked the parents not to linger, so we hugged and kissed him and walked out. He just went right over to the other kids and didn't look back so that was good.

I managed to hold back my emotions until I got in my car. I know he is ready I kept telling myself, but a million things kept running through my mind. It's so hard. Then when I got home Liam was sad. He asked if we could go pick Landon up right then. So I talked to him about having special time with mommy today and he perked up and asked, "Can you be Wandon today mommy?" Choked up again, but it brings me so much joy to think about them loving each other that much.

So we played some games and puzzles and he enjoyed that very much, but when it comes to building rockets...I honestly need to take some lessons from Landon I guess!!

9 comments:

April Jackson said...

I have been thinking about Landon all morning and about how much fun I bet he is having! He looks like a mini-Kevin in these pictures!!

Lindsey Eason said...

That's great that you were able to focus on him for a while - your pictures are sweet! Sounds like he's a very confident and brave little boy. :)

Lane said...

I don't know how you did it! I am SOOOO not looking forward to the day I take Sterling to Kindergarten...ahhh! Thankfully I still have two years! :)

Tiffany said...

I thought about you a lot today! I'm glad you made it through the drop off. I hope you were able to make it until 3. Hopefully he had a great day and is eager to go back. My parents really enjoyed the girls the other night. I need to come over soon, it's been too long since I've seen them! Hope pre-school goes good too!

The Gamble Triplets said...

Ah yes, the first day of school. Hope Landon had a fantastic time. Keegan,Josh & Connolly start junior kindergarten in two weeks. I've got my boxes (oh yes, that's plural!) of kleenex ready! :)

Aisling

Lindy said...

okay, I am still picturing that precious 3 pound 6 ounce little blonde haired angel that you had 5 years ago!!! aaaaah!! Where has the time gone?! I am so glad he was great and did well with you leaving! I am sad for poor liam though, now he surrounded by all the girls!!! LOL

Abbie said...

Love that post, Laura! :) You're such a good Momma! Sweet boys you've got.

barrett family said...

Awww... he's such a big boy! He's going to have such a great year, and so are you, Mommy! I hope you have made it okay through this first week, its gets easier as the year goes on. better work on those rockets, though;)

Amy Etheridge said...

Aw... that is so sweet that he hugged his teacher. He would be a joy in the classroom! What a sweet boy. Laura you and Kevin are amazing, I don't have any kids and I am always late for everything I do.
Remember when we used to have to run to that stupid math class with Julie and we always got into trouble. ha ha ha!!!
Too bad we are so far from Calgary... would have loved to see you guys and your cute twins!