Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Cowboy without his hat...

Is like a Yodel without 'ay-hee-hoo'!!!!!!! Not a Toy Story fanatic??? Well then you may want to brush up on your Toy Story characters before you talk to Liam about his birthday! Actually his birthday wasn't all Toy Story, but his favorite present was 'Woody'. And Woody talks when you pull his string and he has several cute phrases like the one above. Liam didn't set him down for literally 48 hours. It was the only gift we got him because we were taking him and Landon to the circus, and boy are we glad we didn't get him anything else.

Woody has not only been his favorite new toy, but he replaced 'Blankie' at night. Which is a GINORMOUS thing in Liam's world. Blankie has been with him since birth and Liam has cuddled Blankie (or as he calls it....humm humming blankie:) and sucked his thumb with Blankie from before his first birthday. In fact, we had to cut the blanket into four pieces just so that I could wash it consistently. Blankie has been on every trip with us except for one! We forgot him and so we had to cut a piece off one of the girls' blankets! Blankie has comforted Liam through countless nights and naps and we believe it is one of the main reasons that Liam never once since he was about six months old cried when we laid him in his bed. We have enjoyed cuddling Liam while he cuddled Blankie and we have enjoyed watching him be calmed and so saying goodbye to Blankie is difficult. I have shed some serious tears over it and I am again as I type. Our Liam is growing up. It is a mark of a new chapter. A major new chapter for mommy.....

I remember when we wrapped him Blankie...

I remember when he couldn't decide which Blankie he wanted the most....

I remember when Blankie read stories with us...

But I will also remember Woody:)
I saw this cake in a magazine a few months ago and tucked it away in mind hoping that Liam would be happy with a motorcycle cake this year. And sure enough he was delighted with the idea. It was SO EASY. Two boxs cake mix, two cans chocolate frosting, coco puffs, chocolate doughnut holes, big pretzels, fruit roll-ups, green licorice, and a toy motorcycle and you're good to go.

Now I wish I still had some of this cake......chocolate is the best after a good cry!! I am going to be a wreck when the girls get to this age too:)

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Aww, what a good post! I love that Mr. Liam! That cake is so cute, you did a great job!

Lindy said...

Love this post on just sweet Liam. he is absolutely precious, and I love the pics of various ages with blankie!!! all this growing up with the kids has gotten me tearful too! I have one starting KINDERGARTEN next week. aaaaahhhhh! will call you soon, Love me

Lindsay Norsworthy said...

So sweet, he is precious. I am crying after reading this!! Why do they have to grow soo fast??

Sussey's Story said...

Love all the cute pics of Liam! He is such a handsome boy!! LOVE the cake too.