Monday, January 28, 2008

Ants Poop Too....who knew!


This is Landon's ant farm that he got from my sister (Aunt DeDe). It has actually been pretty fun to watch them work and Landon gets the biggest kick out of checking in on them first thing in the morning to see if they are awake. But we are getting a little grossed out now by their poop mound, which is the entire yellow spot!! We thought for a while that they were dying and we were looking forward to throughing them out, but then Kevin and I put them in our room while we were doing some painting in Landon's room and realized that they are most active at night! We have had them since the beginning of November, they came in the mail...how cool is that?
Anyway, I hope I didn't ruin anyone's appetite..I just had to let you all know that ants poop too. Just think half of our soil is probably insect droppings........ha just kidding!

5 comments:

J@mbA said...

No way!

Sarah and Nolan said...

yes, that is gross! I guess that's one of the joys of having boys.

Lindsey Eason said...

Wow - very interesting - and very gross! ha-ha! btw: your previous post about the devotional was so good - such a great mssg!

Varner said...

Now I know what to expect if Allie ever wants an ant farm. Gross!

Jen Windle said...

This is hilarious!