Sunday, January 13, 2008

Which Blankie?


Liam has become very attached to his blankie in the last couple months and we think it is just the cutest thing! He has three and he doesn't (at this point) care which one we give him, it just has to be on the fleece side!! If you give it to him silky side up he will turn it over. Picky, picky, right?!? And he immediately pops his thumb in and calms down when he has one, it is wonderful. The other day I gave him two and got so tickled watching him try to figure out how he was going to snuggle with both of them AND suck his thumb. He is a REAL snuggler, he needs lots of affection from me and he gets a little jealous when he sees Landon or Kevin giving me affection. He is at such a fun age right now(he will be 18 months this week) and we are having just as much fun watching him develop as we did Landon. He is talking up a storm lately, he says so many words now I can't remember them all and he says a new one every day so this list will be changing fast! But I will try to remember them all.....he says (thanks Shelly for this idea:)

mama
dada
nandin (Landon)
nana (my mom)
papa (my dad)
dede (my sister Lyndi)
yeah
ya
wee
uh-oh
so-we (sorry)
no no
wherew at (where at)
wan it (want it)
wach-you (want you)
baw (ball)
coooo-kee (cookie)
nana (banana)
day-ee (Daisy)
hi
hey
nigh nigh (night night)
quwuk (quack)
de en (the end)
ba-ba (bottle-he doesn't say this anymore, cause he doesn't get one anymore!:)
all done
a (letter A)
wa, tu (one, two)

He loves to say "hi dada" on the phone to Kevin, it is precious and then he usually covers the phone in drool and pushes as many buttons as possible before I can get it back. He repeats a lot of words when we say, "Say ____", and he makes lots of boy noises! Landon has taught him the noises to make when driving trucks, tractors, helicopters, trains, race cars.....you name it and it gets driven at our house. The boys are playing together more and more which is really a blessing to watch, but it is a little scarey how Liam tries to do everything Landon does. Yikes that can be good and bad! He is precious, I think we'll keep him:)

3 comments:

Thompson Family said...

I can't believe he is already 18 months old! WOW! They sure do grow up fast. Thanks for the words. They are so precious, even when I say them instead of Liam! HA. :)

Little Rock Real Estate said...

What a big, smart boy. So funny. We need to plan a trip down there or you guys need to come up here. Love you all.

Shelly

Julie said...

I didn't even recognize Liam in that first picture. He has gotten so big. I love that age too. When Norah turned 20 months she started talking a lot more. Congratulations on 5 years. Still hot and heavy after 2 kids!