Sunday, January 6, 2008

Our 5th Anniversary

Kevin and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary on December 15th. Where has the time gone? We dated for a year and then we were engaged for four months, so we've been together for nearly 6 and half years. Looking back on our time together I am filled with so many wonderful memories. It all started the beginning of my sophomore year (his junior year) at Harding when 3 single guys made a deal that they were going to have a date in less than a week. I was waiting for a friend of mine at the university book store when Kevin came strolling by. He saw my friend (whom he was friends with) and started talking to her and then introduced himself to me. I thought, "Wow, I've never seen that guy before and he is a super hottie!" And meanwhile, Kevin went straight back to his dorm and told his two buddies that he had just met the girl he was going to ask out! And despite the fact that he nearly passed-out when he asked me to go on the 'big date night' and it was to Chucky Cheese, we really hit it off:) We both knew fairly quickly that we had found the one. We never broke up, only had one small fight while we were dating/engaged, and just couldn't stand the thought of having to wait til I graduated to get hitched. So half-way through my junior year, when I was the ripe ol' age of twenty is when we tied the knot.
Life hit us fast and hard after we got married, but we both believe that it just made us stronger in our faith and our love for each other. Nobody told me, or maybe I just wasn't listening (my friend Lauren says I have selective hearing!) about how much deeper and richer your love grows for your spouse over time. Gosh I thought I had it bad for Kevin when we were newly-weds, but my love for him then doesn't even hold a candle to my love for him today. I can't wait to see what it is like at our ten-year, twenty-year, fifty-year and etc.! I think watching him surpass all my expectations for him as a father has been a major driving force for my constantly growing love for him. He is amazing and words truly cannot express how much I love him:)

4 comments:

Little Rock Real Estate said...

That almost made me cry. I agree that the love grows everyday. All of us girls thought we really knew what love was, but we didn't. I think we picked some good guys. Congrats on the Anniversary. Love you.

Shelly Dahl

Lindsey Eason said...

That was so nice to read! I never knew how you two came to be together so I appreciate you sharing ya'lls story. I agree that the tough times only bring you closer and I think you two could probably offer so much wisdom to other newlyweds! BTW: I need your email address so I can add you to my blog now! Email it to me at Lindseyeason@yahoo.com ...thanks! Happy Anniversary!

Sarah and Nolan said...

Congrats! I remember you coming over to tell Lane and I all about how wonderful the wedding was and how in love you were. 5 years has disappeared too quickly!

Sarah and Nolan said...

Yeah...I remember the talk!!! It really did helpQ!