Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Now that you know...

So now I can vent to you all about my pregnancy woes. First, I feel VERY blessed to be pregnant and I am very excited about having another little angel...so just keep that in mind while I talk about all my symptoms:)

Okay, I am soooooooo not one of those women that loves being pregnant.....no way hose-a! I am in this for the end result! In fact, I have to tell myself on a daily bases, "it's all for the baby Laura, you can do this.....only 6 more months". SIX MORE months....ahhh:) Anyway, I am SO nauseated. I threw-up until week 24 with Landon and week 23 with Liam....so can we hope for week 22 with this one??? I sure hope so! My mom puked the same amount of time....thanks mom:) But I know of some girls that puked the whole time....so I'm SO SORRY for those of you who never get any relief until the end. Phinagrin (probably mis-spelled that) works well but I usually sleep for like 18 hours after I take one of those! So I take Zophran here and there and it helps a little, but then I get a killer head ache and even extra strength Tylenol can barely soothe it. So I am pretty much toughing it out. Nausea is definitely my biggest complaint at this point...but then there is the ligament pain that makes me double over, the hernia under my belly button is already back, my abdominal muscles have already separated again, my system is backed-up if ya know what I mean:), I'm peeing 2-3 times at night already, I'm crying all the time, my body pillow is giving me back aches (did anyone else have this problem...I can't figure out how to have good posture while I sleep with that thing!?!?!), and I'm my tummy is already huge!

Everyone has been teasing me about having twins because my belly has grown SO fast! I would not have been surprised to hear two heart beats at the doctor, but there was only one! I will tell all you girls that just have one...you will pop out really fast with number two. And all you girls that have two and are going for three....you will not be able to comfortably button your regular pants/shorts at 6 weeks!!! I'm already wearing some maternity clothes and I wish I was wearing more...but I am still forcing myself to do the rubber band thing for a little longer!! And I made myself my own bellaband:) A real bellaband would send me puking in 2 minutes of having it on, I can't have anything tight on at all.

So I will leave you with my latest crazy dream. The other night I dreamed that I had a really hard time pushing this baby out and then I passed out right when it came out and nobody woke me up until the next day. Then I woke up and was like where is my baby and everyone was like we didn't want to wake you up and then they handed me the baby and it was a boy with very curly hair!! Strange....but the dream seemed so real while I was having it!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember the nausea vividly... so vividly. I'm so so so sorry. I can also relate w/ the body pillow... it helped for a few hours then i think it made me hurt worse! The things we do for love!

Lindy said...

You are hilarious! Can't wait to come and visit the staples next summer...

Varner said...

You poor thing! I hope you feel better soon. Just vent as often as you need to. All of us who are mommies can relate. If you want to get together soon for lunch email me. varnerp@cfbisd.edu

Angela said...

Laura,
My husband works with yours, Josh Faris. I am preggo w/#2,and I TOTALLY feel ya!! I had a little nausea w/our son, but this is pretty much 24/7!! I haven't thrown up yet, so I decided I would start Zophran before it got to that point. I am barely fitting into my regular clothes, but I wear maternity pants because they are SO comfy!! I hope you get to feeling better soon. CONGRATS!!

Andy, Kelli, Kaycee, and Haylee said...

Well Laura, I've decided that YOU are my best form of birth control :) HAHA If the thought of a third child ever creeps into my head, I will just pull up this blog and I think that itching will go away! :) I'm sorry you're not feeling well. 6 more months....6 more months....6 more months. You're like the Little Engine That Could!

Erin said...

You certainly don't make me miss being pregnant!! I hope some of the nausea lets up before 22 wks. If you need a break, feel free to come over. The kids can play and you can take a nap!

barrett family said...

You crack me up, as usual!! I hope you're feeling better very soon! i'll be praying for you:)