Monday, October 6, 2008

Our lives last week

Last week was very emotional for us, but we are thankful that Drew is home with our Father. Thanks to all of you for your support for the Clarks!! Landon and Liam have been praying for Drew to 'get better' for so long that they were a bit confused when we told them to thank God for bringing Drew to live with him:) Landon has prayed....that Drew would have a good bed in heaven.......that he would have trains to play with....that God would be with him every day.....that God would give him the band-aids he needs....that he wouldn't ever have to cry anymore.....and some more that I can't remember right now. Kevin went to Calgary for Drew's celebration last week and I had to stay home, but he called me often and gave me lots of details so that I could feel like I was there too.
Here are some things we did last week to occupy our time.


We watched miss Avery Kate. Three was a piece of cake for a day....:) I think four...two being newborns might be a bit more challenging!



We learned how to make hair bows thanks to my friend Erin! This is just the beginning people...I am probably going to be a little obsessed with hair bows for a while so expect to see lots of them on our girls:) I had to put some on Minnie, b/c the joke around here for the last couple years has been that I was going to start dressing her up if we never had a girl!!!!!
The hair bow holder was an unfinished picture frame that my sister and I painted and then put scrapbook rub-on's on. It is so easy. I am going to make another one and when we figure out what we are going to name the girls, I will put the letters of their names in the black circles. They will hang in their room. We are doing their room in black, white, and pink. I have decided to tackle the task (with my mom's help) of making their bedding b/c I just haven't found the perfect set! So I will post pictures of that as we work on it.

Speaking of names......I would love it if you guys could tell us some 'K' names! We are doing two 'K' names and really any name that starts with a 'C' can be switched to a 'K'. Anyway, we have pretty much settled on one name and are working on the second name....so tell us about cute 'K' names you've heard of pretty please.

And last but not least, my sister and I threw a house warming party for our friend Tiffany. No I did not do the cup cakes....Lyndi did! She did an amazing job, they looked even better in person b/c you can't see the shimmery glitter she brushed on them in these pictures. The butterflies she did out of chocolate. She melts the different colored chocolates and does her designs on wax paper...cool huh?!?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you get so much done! You are a huge encouragement that I, too, will one day be able to be a mommy and have hobbies at the same time. :) When do you do your sewing, baking, etc--when Landon is at school and the Liam is napping??

And for "K" names, I think my preference is obvious. :)

Lane said...

I love the picture frames!! So cute!
Names...
I love the name Kami and Karli!

Erin said...

Those cupcakes are amazing!!
My favorite K names are Kenley, Kailey, Katelyn, Kate, or Kenzie.
Jon was sitting here with me looking at names and he wanted you to know his favorite is Kabib :)

Tiffany said...

I think my favorite name has to be Kaloosh. It has a ring to it don't you think? More seriously, here's my list: Kaden, Kendall, Kennedy, Klare, Kenley, Kyler, Koko, Kamden (Kamdyn), Karrigan, Kassiopeia, Kate, Katelyn, Kora. I can keep going if you want me to, but I'll leave you with that for now:)

Katie J. said...

"K" names Kaylynn, Katie, Karen, Karmen, Kaylee, Kristi, Kendall, Kelsey, Kiley, Kyler, Karma, Kari, Kade, Kalli, Kellen, Karla, Kensley, Kylie, Keesha, Kimora

Glad you are doing well!! Some of these are just for laughs!!

Sarah P said...

Lyndi, you are amazing. Seriously. How does she do that?!! I predict that she will open a bakery within the next 15 years. I'd buy from her.
K names...
Kate is too cute. That's all I have for now. I'll work on it because only giving you one name option - that's weak.

Lindsey Eason said...

Kaylee, Kylie, Karlie, Karson, Kammi, Kinsley, Keelie, Katelyn, Kameron, Karalynn, Kalin, Kaelynn, Karissa,...wow,....I could go on and on! (Suggestions already made that I adore are: Kendall and Kenley...too cute!) I'm a freak about names and had so much fun picking out our own kids names...if you ever need some crazy unique suggestions - just let me know! :) LOVE the bows btw - so cute!

barrett family said...

i miss you, miss laura marie stegall staples! The picture frame yall made is super-cute, of course! and lyndi's cupcakes are amazing, she needs to open her own bakery. I know you and I know you have probably already looked through every 'K' name that there is.... but guess i can tell you my faves. I like Kennedy, Kate, and Karsyn.

Lindy said...

hmmmm K names... the possiblities are endless! I like a lot of the ones that have already been suggested :0) I know what ever you pick, it will be fabulous, and the girls will be beautiful!!! Wow on making hairbows, you go girl! they are super cute, PS, minnie called and asked if I would adopt her b/c she doesn't like hairbows :0) hee hee

Unknown said...

oh those babies are so lucky already!!!! They will be precious and well bowed!

Unknown said...

Holy cow! I have not seen you since Misty's wedding I think, and when I saw your link on Misty's blog I was so shocked to hear the news about twins. I think God must have a speacial crown for you someday, becuase I would be freaking out if I were about to have twins. Anyways, I have always wanted to name my futre daughter Karsyn but I also love Kinley, Kadence, and Kyla. Talk to ya soon.

Karlye said...

K names! Well, my personal favorite vote (since it is my name!)... Karlye! But any spelling would be great! Other possibilities: Karoline Karys Kloey Klaire Konnor Kaia Kaylin Keely Kennedy Kensley Kerigan Kiley Kinley Kinsey Kooper Karsyn Katy Kate Kamryn Kadence Kayleigh Kallie Kambree Kerrington Kensington Kayla Kaidyn Kyler Kyle Kayla Kaci Kelsey Kristen Kassie Katharine Kira Kallen Kendall Kierstyn Kori Kourtney Kirstie Kirby Kyla ... Sorry so many choices!

Kristen said...

Sorry I never called you back, my life got crazy and then I forgot. I am soooo sorry! K names are so cute...my favorite was Kennedi.
I hope you found some stuff for the girls. I will call you next week and tell you my 2-5 must haves for twin moms! I have many twin mommies and we all agree on these things. I LOVE making hair bows too! I sell them. You should too! It is such a great side job...along with all your other fun stuff.
Well, can't wait to hear the names!

April Jackson said...

I just read the newest Landon quotes. I haven't heard the one about him having a baby in his tummy...I laughed out loud on that one!