Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trunk of Treats and Our Pumpkins

Trunk of Treats is a huge event at many of the churches down here and ours is no exception. Our children's ministry puts on this event and they provide bounce houses, a petting zoo, an indoor maze, food, contests, and tons of candy!! Church members decorate their trunks and pass out the candy. We have a great turn out from the local neighborhoods too.....in fact I saw more neighborhood families than church families.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but we had many shoes in our trunk. The kids thought they had to smell them before we would give them candy:)


Liam was running a little fever that night but he still enjoyed everything. We weren't sure if he would wear his costume, but once we got there and he saw everyone else in theirs he didn't complain and especially when he started getting candy!!

If you ask him if he is Lightening McQueen, he will say, "well actually, I am Weeum." He is too cute and quite articulate like big brother:)
Sunday we carved pumpkins. Landon our little artist, wanted to do everything himself and just couldn't understand why we wouldn't let him use the knives. Kevin made him help 'pull out the pumpkin brains' and at first Landon was not a fan but then he really got into it.

From left to right: Landon's, Kevin's, Mine, Liam's, and of course you know whose the two in front are!

5 comments:

April Jackson said...

I was wondering why you were putting a bunch of shoes in the back of your van! We are carving our pumpkin tonight...we could use your carving skills:)

Abbie said...

Cute pumpkins! I love the two baby ones! Oh- and my K name vote is for Kora. I couldn't believe how many suggestions you got! Happy naming, and Happy Halloween! :)

Lindy said...

Geez laura, I just wanna sqeeze Liam and Landon! they are so cute! your pumpkins are AWESOME!

Lane said...

Those pumpkins are so good Laura!! I love carving pumpkins!!
We have Trunk-or-Treat at our church also with all the added things. Unfortunately we didn't get to go this year because Sterling and I were BOTH sick! So much sickness going around right now. Hope "Weeum" gets better! ;)

Tiffany said...

You could have borrowed some of my shoes. All you needed was to ask me, I would have loaned them to you! I also like the name Kora!