Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More than surviving...?!?

Well time keeps marching on and somehow we are keeping up with all four kids and the necessities around the house. Last week was my first full week by myself and I'm pretty proud of myself for getting through it successfully. (My mom comes over often while Kevin is at work...but she was out of town.) So I lived, in fact it I even had all four of them asleep once or twice!

People want to know what our life is like right now and I guess the best way to describe it for me anyway is exhausted delight...? I thank God every single day for these kids and giving us this responsibility and I pray for endurance and patience. Words just can't even describe how grateful I am. My heart aches when I think about how much I love our family. I am soaking up every moment because Drew has taught me just how precious each moment is.

So speaking of moments, only have a few before little Kallie and Klaire start calling for me, so here are some of my favorite pictures from the last week.


Kallie on the right. Aren't they cutie pie's?!? I adore these pajamas.
L-dog is a our little tee-ball man and Lee-man the Hee-man is giving me his 'whatever mom' face already....what is this 2 going on 14?!?



Thanks Grandma for the egg stickers!

Perfect placement of the stickers of course from our little artist and perfectionist:)


They are smiling a lot more now! They like rattles and toys but still aren't grabbing at them yet. They continue to show more and more of their personalities. Klaire is needing more cuddling to get to sleep and Kallie is needing more rocking in order to drink her bottles. Klaire has a louder cry but Kallie's is more pitiful! And they both HATE having a poopy diaper, (the boys would have sat in it all day with out complaining) buddy you better change it immediately after they go. And these little girls have enough tears to fill a pool, they bring out the big tears every time they cry...it's breaks mommy's heart most of the time:)
Oh and Klaire is in purple polka dot...I have to remind myself constantly that other people can't tell them apart!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Such great pictures! Thanks for sharing!! We have joined your small group while you are maternity leave.

:)

Melissa Jackson said...

It was good to see your family last weekend. It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job. I love the last picture of Kallie and Klaire! How did you manage to get such a great picture of them both smiling at the same time?

Lindy said...

Loving it :0) you are doing a wonderful job with all of them, and they are all blessed to have parents who cherish and love them so much!!! ps thanks for clarifying the twins for those of us who can't tell them apart! ;)