Monday, November 19, 2007

Landon is a ham and a turkey

Landon just turned 3 and a half and speaks like a little adult:) Every where we go people always comment on his vocabulary, ability to pronounciate, his politeness, and interest in subjects many kids his age could care less about. He is reading like crazy, three letter words are a bore for him now (unless they have an odd letter sound like 'eye') He has a spelling book and when given the option of getting to spell or have us read him a book, he ALWAYS chooses to spell. He loves simple addition and subtraction. He has been writing his alphabet for a year now, he can write his name in his sleep. He's crazy, I don't know what we are going to do with him. Truly. He debates and corrects us on a regular basis and tries to reason with Liam who barely talks yet. Anyway, he is so much fun. We are so proud of him. We certainly don't take credit for his abilities, God has given him some special talents and all we have done is appreciate them. Here are his most famous quotes (they are from the past year and half):

Me,"Landon, you're a goofball" Landon,"No, I'm a ball and your a goof mom."

Landon, "Did we see the North Pole?" Me,"No, that was just some frost from the Schwan's man's truck,"

Kevin,"Don't be afraid of the lightening Landon, it's just God taking our pictures" Lightening strikes again. Landon,"Mom, did you smile?"

Landon,"Is Liam talking to me," Me, "No honey, he is just a baby" Landon,"Oh he just needs new batteries I think."

Me, "What cereal do you want for breakfast?" Landon, "Crappin Crunch mommy."

Landon, "Run they are going to get us." Me,"Who is?" Landon, "Big Bird and Jesus mommy."

Landon, "Stop picking your nose mommy."

Landon, "Does Daisy (the Jackson's dog) have false teeth?"

Landon, "Now pay attention everybody, we are going to space today...."

Landon, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. You got it baby."

Landon to Kevin, "Right on cowboy."

Landon,"I'm probably kind of sensitive mommy."

Landon at the dinner table, "So I'm going to be a daddy soon....but I will be a mommy first and then a daddy."

Landon to me,"Granddad was so happy about me going poops that he was speechless mommy."

Landon, "Honestly mom. Honestly."

Landon, "You are driving me crazy Nanna."

Thunder strikes. Landon runs to the nearest window, looks out, starts waving and says, "Oh hi God."

Landon to April, "God sure is handsome. And he has a brother named Jesus."

Landon to older large lady at grocery store, "Daddy does she have a baby in her belly!"

Landon runs into my room with breaking news, "Larry the cucumber (Veggie Tales) does NOT have a weenie because he is just a vegetable mom."

Landon,"So how does the baby get in the mommy's tummy?"

Landon talking about a mannequin in the ladies section at JCPenny, "That lady has on panties mommy. She looks pretty nice."

Landon, "Tell April thank you mom."

Landon to Kevin, "Daddy, thanks for being my Daddy."

Landon to both of us, "If you eat lots of junk food, you will have a baby. And then the doctor will just help you get it out." (he made this conclusion all on his own)

Landon to me, "Jesus is in my heart mommy." Me, "Well, yes he sure is!" Landon gets a look of concern, "..............did I EAT Jesus???" Me laughing uncontrollably. Landon, "Yumm, Jesus was good."

Landon, "Why does that car have a smiley face on it?" Me, "Because he is happy. Why do you have a smile on your face?" Landon, "Because I love myself."

6 comments:

Heather said...

Laura,
These are histerical! I love the things kids say. :)

Heather

Lindsey Eason said...

I can't tell you how impressed I am with Landon....seriousely....I need to get on the ball with Shep!!! Yep...we'll just leave it at that! lol!!

Kevin and Laura said...

All we've done is read him a lot of books(b/c he just eats it up), the rest is just the way he is:) Shepherd is precious I'm sure he's doing everything he needs to be at this age! It is very evident from your blog that you are WONDERFUL mom.

April Jackson said...

And by the way, it will be a boy!!!!!!


Kevin-have fun looking at Mini Vans.

Unknown said...

Awesome! Karen, Lo and I loved this post so much. Very funny! :)

Varner said...

I was laughing out loud and tears came to my eyes on a few of them. He is so precious. Keep up the good work.