Friday, November 2, 2007

Our Halloween


So about 2 months ago Landon told me that he wanted to go as Peter Pan for Halloween. So I got online and did a Google image search for the cutest Peter Pan costume. And whoa la I found the perfect one and it was only 19 bucks, so I booked marked the site. Then two weeks ago, I had just a few minutes before I had to leave to go somewhere but I decided to go ahead and order it. So I hurried through the check out and was so excited about this super cute costume when all of a sudden the dollar sign changed on me. That's right, it morphed into the sign for U.K. currency. Oh crap. This is not from America, how much is this really going to cost. So I pull up a currency converter and it comes out to be almost $30, so I'm like no big deal, so I didn't cancel the order. Then Kevin looks at our online banking and lets just say that I must have converted the wrong currency. After I payed for the costume, a currency converting charge, and shipping from the U.K our little Landon was sporting a $60 costume this year. Then, as if I'm not embarrassed enough, I open up the goofy thing, and it is from the DISNEY STORE. Yeah, that's right, don't we have like 3 of those in Dallas. Yep, add that to your list of Laura stories.

But we had SO MUCH FUN trick or treating with the boys this year! They were both precious. Liam wanted to get out of the wagon and go up to each house that Landon did. Landon loved the houses that were decorated and wanted to skip the ones that he didn't deem festive enough! Liam got to eat part of a Three Musketeers, a Kit Kat, and a Twix. He went crazy over the chocolate! We were really impressed with the turn out in our neighborhood. We have had so many new families move in the last couple years. The first year we lived here, I think we may have had two kids come to our door. This year we went through six bags of candy! I'm sure part of that had to do with leaving the bucket out while we were gone part of the time:) Anyway, we had a blast and I'm hoping that Liam wants to be Peter Pan when he is three, that will make me feel better about our litte investment:)



7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thats one pricey costume! But a good story! Maybe he can be Peter Pan everyday this year! We need to get together soon!

Varner said...

You made me laugh out loud! I can so see myself doing the same thing. It's a very cute costume and if Liam won't wear it when he's 3, there's always ebay!

Anonymous said...

funny....i work at the disney store so you could have gotten 30% off that baby and i could have mailed it to you ha ha

-kathryn-

Dahls said...

Haha. That is good. That was a really cute costume. Totally worth $60. Just trying to make you feel better. I will give you some money if you let Eric wear it one year. Love you all.

April Jackson said...

I wasn't aware that Peter Pan came from the Disney store..that makes the story even better!

Lane said...

Laura that is hilarious...so something I would do! When you wrote, I was so excited to see that you have a blog! I can't wait to keep up with what's going on in your world! Glad you guys had fun. They look too cute! How old is Liam now?

Tiffany said...

I had what I like to call a "lyndi" day today. And I would like to hang out this weekend.