Monday, March 17, 2008

Hunting for eggs










Yesterday we went to the annual egg hunt at the Daily's farm. The boys loved it of course. They have horses, chickens, roosters, bunnies, ducks, dogs, a pig, and a donkey. They let all the kids feed and pet the animals before the egg hunt out in their field. We didn't stay for the tractor ride this year because we were exhausted and our allergies couldn't take much more of the hay, but it was great fun as usual.
So last night after we put the boys down, Kevin and I emptied all of the candy out of their eggs and put it up so that they could just play with their eggs and so that we could steal a few of the good ones! Well this morning they were having a grand time with all of their eggs. They were putting them everywhere and making all kinds of creations out of them so I asked Landon, "Why do we have easter eggs, and bunnies, and baskets?" He says something silly and so I say, "No, because of Jesus remember?" Landon immediately says,"So is Jesus the one who took all of our candy!?!?!?"

Love it.

4 comments:

Lane said...

You bet girlie! I have a vegetable and fruit garden that we keep up every summer as well. I LOVE planting any and all flowers! I can't wait till summer to see them all again. Everything is just so much prettier in the summer.
I'm so glad to hear that Landon is feeling better and has done well. When Sterling had his surgery last year, he did the same thing coming out of the anesthesia. Kind of scary!

April Jackson said...

That is in the top five favorite Landon quotes! Tell Jesus to share some of that candy with me:)

Sarah and Nolan said...

Okay, your boys are just too cool. Love the sun glasses. I need to drive up to see you! Its only an hour. We'll have to talk later.
seselman@hotmail.com

Thompson Family said...

I love it!! Landon is definitely tops for cutest comments. You could have a whole blog just on Landon comments. I'm glad you are all feeling better. Shawn and I have been trying not to get a cold. We're both sniffly, and he has the cutest cough.