Sunday, March 23, 2008

Kids must be modern day prophets

I was telling Kevin a story tonight about Landon and I decided it was too good not to share with you all.

So it was last Wednesday. I had been trying to fight off what I thought was a cold for four days and was only feeling worse by the hour. Liam was incredibily fussy and Landon for some odd reason was testing me more than normal. So I call Kevin to tell him how my day is going only to find out that he has to work late, really late. So I'm like great, it would be today. I decide that I need to escape, so I take the kids over to my parents house and we stay until bedtime. It was helpful, but I was just worn down and ready for the day to be over. So we loaded up and headed towards home and on the way I was thinking I can't wait to get these goobers in bed and have some peace and quiet when Landon perked up from the back seat. He said, "Oh mommy look how beautiful the sky is. The sun must be going to bed." I was surprised that I hadn't noticed yet and said, "Hey yeah, you're right that is a beautiful sunset." Then he started pointing out all the colors he could see and the silhouettes of trees and houses and then he said, "I think God wanted us to see this sunset tonight mommy." I starting shaking my head in amazement and said, "You know Landon, I think you are absolutely right."

Unbelievable. God has taught me more lessons through my four year old than anyone else. A piece of advice for anyone wanting spiritual growth: Have a kid.

On a side note, Liam had another ear infection and I had bronchitis. We are doing much better today. Liam has to get tubes now:) Yeah, wish we would have just scheduled them at the same time. Oh well, no adenoids, tubes will be a piece of cake, but I'll let you know when it is going to be.

3 comments:

Lindy said...

LOVE IT, Just a good ole smack of reality!!!

Unknown said...

You have some special little boys! I love how God can speak through the sweetest and most innocent amoung us.
Our little God daughter got tubes last spring and was up and going in 2 hours like nothing had ever happened. I pray it's the same for precious little Liam.

Anonymous said...

SO sweet, I love that kid!