Friday, September 12, 2008

Shock...utter shock

Well I thought I knew what shock felt like, but yesterday was the first time I've ever felt it at full capacity! I'll just get right to it and then give you the whole story......drum roll please.........are you ready for this??? We are HAVING TWIN BABY GIRLS.......AHHH.....(insert SCREAMING and JUMPING HERE!!!!) No I'm not kidding, this is not a joke. We're still in shock too!!!!!

So I don't know where to begin.....because there is a lot to this story. Well, I'll start back in November last year. Okay so we were coming around to the idea of a third child and one day for fun I typed into google, 'how to have a girl', and I fumble through website after website reading all kinds of funny and bizarre things. Then I came to this website that seemed way too good to be true. In a nut shell it said join our program that has a 94% success rate and if you don't get the gender you desire we will double your refund. I talked to Kevin about it and he said maybe we still have a while before we should get pregnant (lots of trips planned) and so I thought about it for months...literally months. March rolled around and I knew if we were going to do it we needed to get in gear b/c it takes a few months of preparation. The preparation is basically changing your ph level by strict diet and supplements (calcium and magnesium for girl) and doing the deed on the days they tell you to until you get pregnant. Sounds simple, but actually it was fairly challenging to change my ph and I almost threw in the towel on a few occations. So I could write ten posts just on fertility and gender methods...but I don't want to....if you seriously want more info on that you can email me at lauramstaples@hotmail.com.

Okay back to the baby story. So we stuck with the program and some how got pregnant the first month! And even crazier than that, we got pregnant on a day when I was totally not 'suppose to be fertile'. In fact, I was so sure that I was not pregnant that I road a roller coaster two weeks later....yes ladies....I was mortified that I had done that after I found out. I didn't tell Kevin about the pregnancy test for three days and gave it to him for Father's day. He was SO surprised to say the least. Now fast forward to week eleven. My first doctors appointment and I've gained 10/11 pounds and my tummy looks like that of someone 6 weeks ahead of me. I say, "hey doc, I'm huge, do you think it could be twins?" He just laughs, listens for the heart beat, finds it and says "nope, just one." Then fast forward to my next visit at 15 weeks. I tease him again, "Are you sure there is only one, I felt this little one way before I felt the boys move!" He laughs again, finds one good heart beat and still says just one.

At that point, I put the twin thing to rest. It was a funny joke and trust me plenty of people have teased me about it over the last couple months, but seriously who has twins at the age of 26 with out fertility drugs?!? So doc allowed me to have my ultrasound a little early since I told him it was my birthday at my 15 week visit:), so we scheduled it for week 17. The last two weeks flew by and yesterday morning I woke up and started dreading my ultrasound. The baby's health had really been on my mind the last couple weeks and I was feeling SO guilty for wanting a specific gender so badly. I spent most of the morning in prayer and meditation and by 2:00 I was at peace and was finally really ready for whatever was to come. I prayed that God would allow me to see the big picture and not be so focused on my tiny little life, I knew I would love this next one just as much as I love the boys of course! I was just afraid of initial reactions.

So Kevin and I went in without the boys and we told the lady as we were walking back to the room that we already had two precious boys and we were crossing our fingers for pink. She said well don't get mad at me if it is a boy! So as she went to put the moniter on my tummy, Kevin jokingly says, "It would be cool if you told us we were having twins." She just laughed like yeah I get that one a lot. So she started rolling the moniter quickly across my tummy, then jerked it off, took a depth breath, adjusted her glasses and says, "Is this your first ultrasound?" Us not taking any hints go, "Yep, sure is." She rolls it over my tummy again slowly this time, we still have no idea, she takes it off again, looks at us and yells, "You guys are having twins!!" After we calmed down she started the ultrasound again and it all of a sudden hit me, our chances for a girl just doubled. I said, "Tell me there is at least one girl in there!!!" She looked at baby A for a long time and then moved to baby B and got a real good shot between the legs and I said, "I don't see a weenie!" She said well actually, I feel very confident that you are having two girls!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!! Yep, I haven't come down from cloud nine yet. Everyone's reactions have been priceless!! Thank you all for being so excited with us.

Please keep us in your prayers, as going full term is even more on my mind than it was before of course. Pray for 36 week, healthy twins. Whew....it has taken me 7 hours to write this b/c I can hardly sit still and my phone has been ringing off the hook! I woke up around 3:00 last night and never went back to sleep! So I'm going to try to get in a nap while the boys are asleep! I will post pictures of the babies and my belly this weekend.

18 comments:

Lindy said...

aaaaaah! I am still reeling, can't wait to see more pics of your pregger twin belly! hee hee

April Jackson said...

I still haven't been able to wipe the smile off of my face! I can't wait to see those two sweet girls!!

Tiffany said...

I am SO excited for you guys!!! I just can't believe it! I really thought you were joking! I've known it was twins all the time, hehe!!!!

Katey said...

Laura that's great! I'm so happy for you!

Sarah said...

Wow! How wonderful! I am so happy for you guys! And you were wanting a girl so bad... now you get TWO. What a blessing!

Amy Lauren said...

I'm so happy for you guys!!! That will be so much fun! good thing you went ahead and bought the van!
Good luck to you and you guys will be in our prayers! We are so very excited for you!

Amy said...

What a blessing, you get your wish 2x over:-) Hope all goes well with the pregnancy!

Lane said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS.!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting Laura! Congratulations to you guys! I can't wait to see the belly pics! I thought that your belly looked pretty out there for 13 weeks, but just thought since it was the third it would show faster. (you look adorable and awesome everywhere else!! just all belly for you...lucky girl!) Well, that is just the coolest thing ever! They are going to be so adorable!

Varner said...

Wow! I am so excited for you guys. I know how much you wanted a little girl and now you will have 2! Yea!!!

Erin said...

um sorry you didn't get that nap in yesterday! I hope you get one today!

Lindsey Eason said...

OH MYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! Chad and I are BOTH so happy for you guys - I can't believe you just now found out but doesn't that make it even more fun?!?! Two sweet little girls for your two sweet older boys to look after - JUST PERFECT!!!!

Thompson Family said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Wow! You are going to have the perfect little family. Two older brothers to watch out for their adorable little sisters. YEAH! We are so excited for you. Wish we could hug you in person. Okay, you and Kevin just hug each other for me!!

barrett family said...

I haven't been able to stop thinking about yall and smiling since you told me yesterday!! I'm SO excited for yall, and I want to see that video of Landon's reaction:) We're praying for you guys (and all you girls:)!

Abbie said...

Wow, Laura! I wish you could have heard how excited Nicole was to tell me! She was completely freaking out, which is always fun to see, since she's usually pretty mellow! :)That was nice of you to write up the story for everyone to read. What a priceless-never-forget kind of memory! I vote for Leila and Libby! :)Happy shopping!!!

Abbie said...

Oh, better say that was Abbie Griffith, by the way! :)

kristy said...

Congrats!!! I saw Hal Burleson tonight at church and he told me the exciting news. I am praying for you and your little girls :) I'm SO happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you guys! I know you're absolutely thrilled!!! I didn't get to talk to you much Saturday night, but it was good to see you. Thanks for writing this story up. It was a fun one! I always enjoy reading your blog entries. You have a precious family!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you. I read your blog from time to time and love to keep up with your precious family. I told Elliot that the boy Landon-who loves to eat corn- is going to have twin sisters.. he thought that was pretty cool. We are praying for healthy babies and mommy! Hilary, Eric, Elliot and Evan