Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Pre-school and mini-what?!?!



Landon started back to preschool this week. We are trying a new one that is closer to our house and so far so good. He was in full character this morning as we entered the building (well Liam was too!), they said hi to everyone we passed, hugged a few here and there, and he ran into his room with out even telling me bye....sob sob. I was like, "okay...I love you....I'll pick you up later....bye...". Then when I went to pick him up he didn't want to leave but I quickly assured him that we would be back on Thursday, so then he decided it would be alright to come home. Then he and Liam put on a great show for several of the parents and directors by embrassing in a HUGE hug and Liam told Landon, 'I wuv you Wandon" and Landon squeezed Liam tighter and said, "Ahhh, he must have missed me so much today. I love you too brother." Nope, they aren't always like that, but they do really love each other!!

Now on to my favorite birthday present.........my new mini-van!!!! I love it already. We were planning on getting one in a couple months but Kevin's car had other plans. The radiator went out last week and the starter has been going out lately and it was going to be a very costly repair. So we decided to make the jump to the mini-van early and say good bye to 'Black Lightening' (my sister's nickname for Kev's car....it was her first car:). I was thankful that we had been researching already and we had narrowed down our options before Kevin called me last Tuesday and said, "Get online and find your van Laura." We had decided to only search for Toyota Siennas and Honda Odysseys that had low miles and were only 2 or 3 years old. And of course it had to be a color I liked....I was a little picky:) So anyway long story short, we haggled on our top choices all week, almost ended up with a Pilot, but in the end we came back to our senses and realized that you can't beat sliding doors and middle row bucket seats and a dealer found us a van in color that I loved that was finally a price we were willing to pay and the fact that it had a dvd player was icing on the cake.

So enough suspense, here's our new ride. Words can't describe how much the boys love it, they act like we are going to Disney World every time we tell them to load up in the new van!! I'm sure that will wear off soon....:)



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wait. It is going to look so cool when I get the racing stripe down the middle and flames on the sides.

April Jackson said...

The flames on the side will be pretty sweet...almost as sweet as seeing Chris and Kevin playing golf in the van! I'm happy for you guys:)

Tiffany said...

you keep driving your van. i'll be the "cool" friend that comes over and has her little sports car to take the kids out in. they won't know what kind of car that is. and neither will you for that matter. you will be SO jealous. haha, the van cracks me up! you need to come see my house!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the boat, I mean van. Just kidding! I'm glad you found one in your color! And I "wuv" the pre-K story!

Lindy said...

WELCOME TO THE MINI-VAN CLUB!!!! I knew you would just loooove it! Do you need me to send Janna and Scott bumper stickers that say, "My daughter drives a mini van and she's still cool!" like my mom had made when I got mine?! haa haa!!! So glad you were able to find one in an awesome color! that is sooo important :0) PS your preschool story was the best!!!

Unknown said...

Your boys know how to charm, that's for sure! Congrats on having 2 great kiddos and the new minivan! When did we grow up again?

Lindsey Eason said...

Congratulations!!!...We LOVE our Odyssey - boy does it make life easier! And so glad to hear that you're enjoying your new preschool! Don't days where your kids get along beautifully just melt your heart?...when my kids are "playing nice", all is right in my world! :)