Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Time-out Wonder Woman Wanna Be



I'm 17 and 1/2 weeks in this picture (18 tomorrow)!! I promise my belly is even bigger in person than this picture! So I met with my doctor yesterday and whew that was a long visit. I had tons of questions and he had lots of information. So basically he said bed rest is in my future and I'm going to get extra special treatment. He wanted to see me back in two weeks and I have another sono in three weeks. He made feel confident in him and the care that I will receive and especially about delivering them, but I am still very concerned about pre-term labor. He said that we were definitely going past 32 weeks and he felt confident about 36. He said that he has every intention of delivering them vaginally which is exactly what I wanted to hear.
I am supposed to take it very easy and lighten my load which is going to be very hard for me b/c I am an independent, first born child, that has lots of responsibilities!! But I am already trying! I am not picking Liam up at all, I am only doing light cleaning, I'm only going to cook easy meals that don't require standing in the kitchen all afternoon, and I'm laying down any time I get tired. My sweet mom is going to clean my house for me every two weeks and I've already had close friends volunteering to come over and help out with the boys and Kevin is of course going to be doing so much for me too:)
Hey a special thanks to all of you supporting Drew, I read all of the comments on their blog and it made me so emotional. I'm sure those encouraging words and prayers mean more to them than you will ever know.

14 comments:

Tiffany said...

You look great! Let me know what I can do. I am here and my schedule is flexible, so seriously, I want to help you out in any way that I can. DO NOT hesitate to call me!!!!

Unknown said...

i want to bring yall dinner! OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! I'm so thrilled for yall! Are they identical? This is amazing! THey're going to be beautiful!!!!!!!!!! Oh this is amazing!!! CONGRATS!

Varner said...

You look so great! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Hang in there and take it easy.

Lane said...

I wish I lived by you so I could help you out. Just know that we are praying for you that everything will go smoothly. This is just the coolest thing ever!
Do you guys have twins in your families??
Oh, and are they identical??
I think you are just about the cutest pregnant person I have EVER seen! Seriously!!

Lindy said...

GORGEOUS!!!! (the twins and that belly!!!)

Jeremy said...

That is awesome that you guys are having twin girls! I am very happy for you guys! Girls are great. We will be praying for you.

Lyndi said...

Will you link to my blog so people will actually read it?

Abbie said...

They look like one-sackers! (sorry- is that completely crude?) :) That's so exciting! Glad you're going to take it easy. It's good the doctor sounds so confident. Lets you relax a little! Oh, and I wasn't a regular blog reader, but after talking to Nicole about the twins I became one! Glad we're blog-friends! :)

Aisling said...

Hi Kevin & Laura. This is Aisling Gamble from Calgary. My husband Steve & I are very good friends with Jordan & Kari. We heard you were expecting twin girls and I wanted to say congrats to you both. We are parents of 3-1/2 year old triplet boys, so we know just how busy your house is going to be. All the best to you both.

Lindsey Eason said...

You have got to be the cutest preggo mom of twins I've ever seen...how can you be so teeny-tiny EVERYWHERE but your belly?!?! Good for you! Enjoy your adorable lil' figure...really and truly - you look fantastic! And take care of yourself...sounds as if you're surrounded by loving, supportive friends and family - what a blessing!

Jessica said...

Ok, see your blog is not on my google reader, so I hadn't read it in a few weeks by accident, and Oh my gosh SERIOUSLY! SERIOUSLY!

What a blessing! So excited for you! And putting you on my google reader tonight! Can't believe I missed this by a week!

Matt, Nikki & Ashtyn said...

Wow!!! I can't believe it. We are so excited for you guys. When I saw your ultrasound I told Matt that one of them better be a girl. (I hadn't read your previous post). We will be praying for a healthy delivery all the way from Greece! We will also be praying for little Drew.

Katie J. said...

Holy Cow!!!! Congratulations!!! I can't wait to hear about the journey! Praying for Drew! Love and miss you and Kevin!

Katie Johnston

barrett family said...

hey wonder woman!! i tagged you, go to http://barrettbusiness.blogspot.com/2008/10/ive-been-tagged.html to check it out:)