Monday, December 1, 2008

Updates

We had a restful Thanksgiving, or at least I did! Kevin was a busy little bee getting all of our Christmas decorations up. Thanks honey. The boys are gearing up for Christmas. Landon is telling Liam all about Santa, Rudolph, Frosty, stockings, reindeer, etc. And of course Liam is just thrilled to have more things to talk about with his brother. You ought to hear them lately...they are just too cute. Liam will say, "Come here Wandon I need you." or "Wandon, lets go on a mission to outer space!". Today Landon accidental bonked Liam and so he came over, hugged him, and said, "It was an accident Liam, I love you too much to do something to hurt you." How sweet is that?!? They have only been physical with each other 2 times that I can remember and I know they will do plenty of that later on. But for now, our boys are pretty stinking sweet.

So I we had an ultrasound yesterday. It went very well. My doctor came in at the end to look at some things and he said he was very pleased that the girls were not sitting very low in my pelvis, the amniotic fluid measurements look good, and their sizes look good. The girls have done a switcheroo on us too. They didn't switch sides, but the one who was head down and slightly smaller is now head up and slightly bigger and the one who was head up and slightly bigger is now head down and slightly smaller! Sorry that was a lot to follow! But they are estimated at 2.10 and 2.15 right now and are looking very healthy.

So I let Landon come with me to this ultrasound and he was so excited to say the least. He charmed all the people in the office and nearly made me and the ultrasound tech wet our pants. In the middle of the ultrasound he ran over to the tech, grinned from ear to ear, and said, "This was the look I had on my face when my mommy pooped me out!" I thought I was going to die of laughter and embarrassment all at the same time. So I of course had to explain to her our recent talk with Landon. She thought the whole thing was worthy of America's Funniest Videos. I agree, if only we had captured our talk on video.....we would have won for sure!!

And we have changed one of the names of the girls:) Yep! But we still don't have middle names! Help! We don't care what letter they start with!

Here are some pictures from last week. We really like to play musical furniture at our house right now and Landon's room has gone from his room, to office, to playroom/office, to nursery/office all in 4 months. Landon and Liam are sharing a room and have been since August, they enjoy it very much and it is working well for our little house and our growing family. We weren't planning on doing a nursery for the girls in this house b/c we are putting it on the market in January, but Kevin got the itch after he surprised me with new dressers for the girls. So he painted the room pink last week and we are going to set it up to look like a nursery, but for now my desk is where a crib would go (and yes we are getting two cribs and sadly two will not fit in the room!). We hope to buy a house next year that has really big secondary bedrooms and let the boys share one and the girls share one. If all goes as we hope, we will get into a new house by July b/c Landon is going to Kindergarten and we need to be in the school district we want before school starts up! But if we have to manage here for another year, we will do that too!





6 comments:

Jessica said...

The stories about your boys are just precious!!

And how do you get two babies in such a tiny little belly?

Can I have your address for Christmas cards? I'd love to send you and your family a Christmas card!

Life as a Spencer! said...

I love Landon stories! That's all!

Anonymous said...

What is the new name?

Lindy said...

your belly is so cute! it looks like a nice round basketball under your shirt :0) looove the landon story, that kid's brain is priceless!!!

Anonymous said...

Your stories about the boys are soooo cute. They are precious kiddos! I always love hearing stories about Landon. I know he keeps you on your toes and keeps you laughing a lot!

I hadn’t left a comment about middle names before, but I really like Kaitlyn Grace and Kallie Faith. I don’t know if you guys would want to use two names as similar as Grace and Faith or not. Those are just the ones that keep coming to mind when I think of the first names you had picked out. I know that you have changed one of the names now, so I don’t know if the middle names will still flow well or not. :o)

You look so cute! I can't believe how tiny you still are everywhere but your tummy!

~Melissa

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Landon is going to kindergarten. Miss you guys so much. Would love to see photos of the new room and your growing belly!